Saturday 21 September 2013

A tale of gem drama

Recently I made a discovery which left me very happy and provided a prospect of a gem boost. Then it was snatched from my grasp. Let me tell the tale...

If you have been playing Restaurant Story long enough to have been around for the World Games, Halloween and/or Christmas editions in the latter part of last year, then you'll probably also know that content from these games was pulled at the start of 2013.

  World Games, Halloween and Christmas editions
  of Restaurant Story

At the time it was incredibly frustrating for me as I was still building my empire and didn't have the resources to take the necessary action to master those recipes set to disappear or purchase special content that was to vanish.

But recently I made an exciting discovery. I still had the Halloween and Christmas editions from 2012 installed on iTunes and decided to try transferring them on to my iPod. Incredibly, both versions of the game were still working and the content released on these apps was still there!

So I've been playing on them (I know, Christmas in September!) and attempting to master all of the recipes I didn't get a chance to master last year. By my calculations there are two recipes on the Halloween edition - Candy Corn Pizza and Pumpkin Porridge - which are not available on the regular version any more.

Removed Halloween 2012 recipes

Meanwhile the Christmas edition contains eight unmastered recipes for me.

Removed Christmas 2012 recipes

That's a heck of a lot of gems that I could gather when I thought they were lost forever! And most of these recipes are pretty short so I felt I could master them reasonably quickly.

Unfortunately I deleted the World Games edition from my iTunes, so cannot access it as the special versions are no longer available for download on the iTunes App Store (neither are they available at Google Play for Android players).

As well as the recipes, all the items from the old versions are still there, so I've been buying up some Halloween stuff ahead of this year's festivities.

Then disaster strikes. Yesterday evening the Christmas 2012 edition produced this notification when I opened it:

Christmas 2012 edition unsupported message

By a remarkable coincidence, TeamLava have stopped supporting the Christmas version in the very same week I started playing it again! So the eight gems I thought were coming my way are lost for good.

Strangely the Halloween 2012 edition is still supported despite having been around two months longer. So now drama ensues as I utilise all 18 of my appliances to try and gain the two gems up for grabs there before that version is pulled too! Because it could happen at any time.

I'll let you know in due course whether I manage to master the porridge and pizza before time runs out!

Find out whether I did here...

No comments:

Post a Comment