Saturday 3 February 2018

RS2 News (Feb 2018)

We're into a new month, and that means it's time once again for a rundown of all the goings-on in the sequel title, Restaurant Story 2. The period since my last round-up has not been all that frantic - this is largely a quirk of the timing, with two cruise events and a batch of goals from the ever dependable Lani.

The first of those cruises saw actor Kevin Bacon being immortalised in the game as Kevin B. Acken. What an honour for the guy, the second occasion homage has been paid to him! But the last time it was a a goal set, so technically speaking this bacon themed cruise event was not a repeat.

Introduction to bacon themed cruise event

Nevertheless it was the usual format, with gold and silver stamps rewarded on some days and decorations which have been seen before on others. There's not a huge amount to say about the process really, except that I struggled to reach the end. I am growing increasingly inattentive when it comes to Restaurant Story 2, and that is beginning to show at the conclusion of each cruise when I have to fork out some premium currency to secure the gem producing recipe and keep my status as a player who has polished off every cruise the game has ever thrown at us.

In this case it was 42 quick serves and 12 gems that were sacrificed. That only leaves me with around 1,600 quick serves and 4,300 gems left. Oh the pain, not! I guess that's the benefit of not having anything to spend your income on - I could probably quick serve and gem my way through two or three cruises in their entirety if I really wanted to.

After buying my way to victory in the cruise, I can't begin to describe the anger I experienced when seeing the unlocked dish. The Maple Glazed Bacon is located on the Celebration Stove and only calls for two ingredients to cook. Sounds fine, right?! Except one of those is 8 Pork Belly, the special ingredient that our dear friend Kevin takes forever to drop, and the other is... 4 Turbinado Sugar.

 RS2 News
 13/01/18 January 2018
 02/12/17 December 2017
 04/11/17 November 2017
 14/10/17 October 2017
 09/09/17 September 2017

The Turbinado Sugar is of course the ingredient produced from Silver Stamps, and therefore mastering this recipe is going to take an eternity. At the time of writing I have 15 Turbinado Sugar in my pantry, and that's having done what I can not to use any up over the past two or three weeks. It's completely deliberate on Storm8's part, and it irks me no end.

What I really needed to perk me up was Lani and her stamp goals. Low and behold, she parked herself two days later with her usual trio of tasks, with a total of one gold and five silver stamps up for grabs. I should have been all over them like a cat on a mouse, and yet I don't actually recall completing any of them.

This was Lani's 28th appearance, which probably goes some way to explaining why I was so neglectful. I've said it so often that it's become painful to repeat, but the gamemakers really need to come up with some new ways of providing the stamps.

Within 48 hours of Lani landing came the challenge which finishes this weekend. The Valentine's Day cruise event hails 'The Return of Venus', which is an open admittance by the game's developers that they have involved Venus before.

Main page of The Return of Venus cruise event

At least this time we have to go back to 2016 for when she last graced our diners, on that occasion dropping Sweetheart Cookies for production of the Lobster Diavolo. Flash forward two years and Venus is offering Sweetheart Candy with the Hotcakes of Love the gem making recipe awaiting unlock. This dish sees the Jubilee Oven return to the forefront, with it being the 31st entry on this particular appliance. Six Flour is also needed for this cruise prize, as is 3 Turbinado Sugar. Brilliant.

At present I am making sluggish progress through day nine of the cruise, but with my relaxed persona towards this game now I'm not exactly worried. I can just throw some gems at the orders near the end if necessary - Storm8 really have shot themselves in the foot over the past three years by making gem earning so accessible.

Well that does it for another month. Once again I can only apologise for my lack of enthusiasm for Restaurant Story 2 these days. But I refuse to be positive when there is nothing to be positive about!

1 comment: