Wednesday 24 April 2013

Game update: 24/04/13

My hopes of a prolonged Mexican theme have been dashed! This week TeamLava have released an update which takes us to the theatre.

Notification for theatre themed update

There aren't many items on offer, but here is the list all the same:

Tables:
  • Film Reel Table - 2 gems
Chairs:
  • Theater Chair - 45,000 coins
Wall decorations:
  • Green Curtain - 4 gems
  • Blue Curtain - 4 gems
  • Red Curtain - 2,500 coins
  • Purple Curtain - 2,500 coins
Flooring:
  • Red Carpet - 1 gem

A mixed bag really. The curtains are a nice addition, and go nicely around a window to pad out the wall, although I'd be reluctant to spend 4 gems each on the green and blue ones. When I saw the red floor tiles I had a moment of joy as I've wanted a plain red carpet for a long time, until seeing that it comes at 1 gem each. To cover a large amount of flooring would thus cost a small fortune.

Those with a retro themed restaurant (or section of their restaurant like me) may wish to purchase one or two things though. Everything goes nicely with the retro items, particularly those from the 50's Diner Box.

I'm tempted by the Theater Chairs, which look slick despite the high price tag, and would fit well into my retro area. But I've spent 8 gems on Diner chairs for that section so will grudgingly pass on this occasion.

And for the first time that I can recall, there's no new floor decorations.

The TeamLava Blog has a screenshot containing all of the new content:

New content as shown on TeamLava Blog

Note that the counters shown in the above image are not new - they are Ruby Counters from Valentine's. Likewise the light fitting next to the door is the Valentine's Candelabra from February.

There is also a new recipe available on the Basic Stove, the Giant Pretzel:

For the Basic Stove

This new dish is listed under the lunch tab and is positioned at the very start of the list for now. It's good to see a new recipe simply being added to the existing appliances rather than a new appliance being unleashed that requires building.

I'm surprised there aren't more new recipes to be honest, what with the cinema theme. Specifically I'm wondering why the theatre mainstay popcorn wasn't included - it would go great with my Popcorn Cart!

What's for sure over the next few weeks is that I'll be looking out for community members with a theatre added to their restaurant, complete with a Television of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment