Tuesday 2 January 2018

Game update: 02/01/18

Given that last week we received a small quest centred on New Year you could be forgiven for now thinking we're ringing in 2019. Why? Because we've got more New Year themed goals!

Introduction to second New Year 2018 goals

The party is going to be never-ending in our restaurants! There's a whole host of new content has been added to the game, with the list below providing the complete outline:

Tables:
  • New Table - 19,000 coins
Chairs:
  • New Chair - 21,000 coins
Floor decorations:
  • Treadmill - 15,000 coins
  • Rainy Day Jar - locked by goal
  • Travel Couple - locked by goal
  • Skill Up! - locked by goal
Wallpapers:
  • Workout Paper - 10,000 coins
Floor tiles:
  • Infinite Possibilities - 9,000 coins
Appliances:
  • Resolution Stove - locked by goal
  • Resolution Oven - locked by goal
Counters:
  • Wood Frame Counter - 19,000 coins

I'd been intending to finish off my traditional year in review post this evening, so the sight of the clipboard on the left of the screen immediately had me muttering discontent. And I only finished the Food Replicator quest with 25 minutes to spare a little earlier! But that's the modern era in Restaurant Story for you - relentless.

Getting even one New Year themed update is fairly exciting so to get a second is, well, unprecedented. If you take Chinese New Year out of the equation then this second update is a first. However the fact of the matter is that last week's flash goals weren't really New Year themed. They just provided a flagship New Year decoration as the final prize.

Anyway, this update looks like a winner right from the off. And I just have to start with the New Chair which may be obscenely expensive at 21,000 coins, but is as slick as they come. It's one of those modern creations with lots of curvature and a nice ergonomic shape. I will absolutely be utilising this chair in my place, and am already thinking about how it may fit into my foyer area.

The New Table is also a modern take. The support for the table top has been positioned to one side, and with the white finish there's a minimalist feel to this effort. However I'm not so enamoured with it, possibly because it looks like a giant sewing machine. But it also has to be considered in tandem with the New Chair, and the truth is that they don't go together (at least not in my view!)

The same could be said for the Wood Frame Counter which I can't help but feel has been parachuted in from another update. Having said that, when considered in isolation it is a fine counter. You've got wooden logs stacked to hold up a well finished glass top. Normally I breathe fire all over glass counters, but the silver rim on this one seems to really bring it together. Like the New Chair this is a counter I can't wait to incorporate.

Next for consideration is the Treadmill which made me laugh. In the past I actually attempted a gym themed zone in January, and pooled resources to create a mock treadmill - now I don't have to!

Gym at The Garlic Tree (from January 2016)

I guess for that reason alone I have to view this as a good addition, and when we look closer at it there is some nice detail on the control panel with the little buttons and screen. Inevitably some players are going to be calling out Storm8 for including an item which is completely unrelated to the dining environment, but I think it's a piece which could be a lot of fun if utilised right.

With a wall decoration yet again absent, we're left with the wallpaper and floor tile. The Workout Paper has me screwing my face up. What exactly is the shape on the wall supposed to be? I confess that my workouts involve hitting the fresh air rather than surrounding myself with other sweaty messes in a confined space, so perhaps I'm missing something. But regardless this wallpaper is quite dull and lacking in character.

The Infinite Possibilities is the polar opposite. For years I have adored the Sparkle tile but rued the 2 gem asking price. Then the Gold Glitter Floor came along and changed things. Now we have a flooring that ticks all the boxes. Lots of different colours are represented with small glints on a dark background, and really the uses for this floor tile are... infinite. It's the third time in this post that I find myself itching to get busy with one of the additions.

So this is looking like a real success of an update. A number of items which are right up my street, and that's before we even get to the goal exclusive stuff - I'll provide some commentary on it at a later date in a goals content report. For now you can get all the details on the goals in my dedicated post here.

My lethargy at the sight of yet more goals is already long gone. What a promising start to 2018!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome, what tasty menu, I would like to visit this restaurant, however, if you want to enjoy delicious food in Southall then you can visit Punjabi Restaurant in Southall which is known as Sukhdevs Restaurant.

    ReplyDelete