Saturday 13 February 2016

The Garlic Tree celebrates Valentine's Day

Where are you taking your loved one this Valentine's Day? Well, if you're still undecided why not consider my restaurant, The Garlic Tree. I've given the place a makeover to ready for the occasion and would be delighted if you come along for a bite to eat!

Upon arrival you'll be met with a rather pink foyer section and a warm greeting from Hanbok Phoebe.

Foyer section of The Garlic Tree

She'll direct you to the Rose Seller at the Heart Host Stand. The Rose Seller isn't just there to oversee proceedings in the diner - she's also out to sell as many roses as she can (surprise, surprise!) She's trying to demonstrate that roses can be useful in many settings, be it a hair band, a Giant Rose Basket or on the front of a French Cafe Bike. All proceeds go towards her own pursuit of love!

If the hard sell is getting too much for you consider taking a rest on the Pink Couch. This 2x1 decoration was my one purchase in the Valentine's sale, and I'm very happy with it. Not only does its colour fit nicely with both the Purple flooring and Light Bar wallpaper, but it also ties up well with the Beads and Neon Lights. The latter of these came with this week's goals, and I stick by my original analysis that it is a beautiful addition.

With roses in hand it's now time to shimmy along to the main area.

Main section of The Garlic Tree

Much like at Christmas, I wanted to come up with something totally new that I haven't done for Valentine's before and this was the result. The usual four-pillar centrepiece has made way for a Romantic Pond littered with rose petals and tealights. Surrounded by Love Counters and Pilgrim Planters, I hope this looks like a slick and modern scene as opposed to the more traditional style that usually occupies this space.

Around the centre I've made use of Romantic Dinner Tables and Romantic Dinner Chairs to try and keep the rose petal theme going. I've even tried to have the floor interact with the tables and chairs - under the tables are Rose Petals tiles and beneath the chairs are Red Carpet tiles. This is not a style I've tried out before, but I'm pretty happy with the outcome.

Upon an elegant floor of Venetian are some of the usual suspects in my restaurant, with the String Quartet, Grand Piano and Organ all finely tuned and ready to complete the romantic atmosphere.

And for a premium you can enjoy an even more special Valentine's Day at The Garlic Tree!

Romantic dinner section of The Garlic Tree

I've dedicated a section to those who really want that bit more out of their day. The Fondue Couple are enjoying a candlelit dinner for two (chosen from the Valentine Menu) with a background tune from the Violinist. And they're not the only ones appreciating the music - the more observant reader may have caught sight of the Valentine Robot and Robot Chef (what a couple!) taking some time out of their busy schedule to listen in to the Violinist's strings.

This zone has been designed to make the lucky couple feel right at home, including warm furnishings such as the Wooden X and Wooden O as well as a Table of Romance. Plus when you've had enough of the Violinist's tunes just crank up Gran's Phonograph and invade the Wine Cart!

In fact, if alcohol is an important part of your relationship I suggest visiting the nightclub.

Nightclub section of The Garlic Tree

At my place we offer a special suite called the Crystal Room where couples can chill out and receive top-notch service from smartly dressed waiters. Be wary though because the Lounge Lizard has a history of sneaking free drinks from your table!

With the Cruise Ship Bar replenished all night and the Touch Screen Menu taking orders all the way to dawn, you can have a truly great time in this suite. The Mexican Dancer will provide the entertainment in her pretty dress, and when she's tired out you can sit and admire the True Love Trees and Digital Solar System.

For an alternative party experience I suggest a trip to the Chinese New Year area.

Chinese New Year section

The Chinese New Year goals in 2014 remain one of my all-time favourites to this day, and almost everything you see here comes from that update. The Dragon Dance is obviously the main attraction with its imposing clashes of red and yellow. But that doesn't mean the Chinese Archway isn't equally impressive.

This is one of the few cases where a loud and proud flooring truly works, with the Good Fortune Floor Tile helping further distinguish the section. Including some Stacked Wood Dividers (first time I've ever used these!) lends yet more cultural contrast, as do the Chinese Lantern Plants perched in the corners.

 Want to visit The Garlic Tree?
 Invite the Storm8 ID 'lorettasapron' and visit the wall

Although I've never done a full remodel to celebrate Chinese New Year the quality of the decorations from those goals two years ago mean I will always put together a dedicated zone like this for the occasion. Definitely one of the great goal sets!

Now I realise that between the String Quartet, Gran's Phonograph, the nightclub's boom and the Chinese New Year party this has been a rather noisy Valentine's, and that's not to everyone's taste. So let's have a little peace and quiet on a romantic walk.

Outdoor section of The Garlic Tree with bridge

It took a painful amount of time to build, but the Garlic Bridge is open for business! Made from White Dividers and Marble Columns, this is my first ever attempt at a three dimensional feature. Appearance-wise, beauty is very much in the eye of the beholder, but the evidence certainly suggests that it's safe to cross. The Tandem Bike has already disembarked, while My Fair Gran-Gran is on the way with her Love Pug (love comes in many shapes and sizes!)

I've seen a lot of players do brilliant things in the third dimension over the years but had never really felt the inclination to give it a go myself. But as I set about redecorating for Valentine's I just thought why not?! It took a lot of re-jigging and testing, but I'm reasonably happy with the result. I could have done with a little more space to pull it off, but given the structure of my restaurant that wasn't really possible. Nevertheless, I'll certainly consider three dimensional constructions with less trepidation in the future!

To finish your romantic day at The Garlic Tree why not set sail on the river?

Outdoor section of The Garlic Tree with Romantic Lounge

The Gondola Date is already booked up for tomorrow (I'm speaking to you Cafe Lula!) but I daresay it'll be doing additional trips at this time of year. During your ride you'll row under the Garlic Bridge before steering around the Kissing Swans fountain. In between there's lots of pleasing greenery to make your journey all the more relaxing as well as a Parrot Tree and pair of Love Birds. You may even spot a rare Cherub Statue!

After mooring up there's one last romantic treat has been laid on courtesy of Action Chef Lee. The Romantic Lounge sees the return of rose petals and candles, but this time we're in the open air so they're perched on Stepping Stones. The Chilled Drink means you're never far away from another glass of champagne, and with Lee on hand with his Outdoor Grill expect to be spoilt rotten. And look - the Parisian Waitress is on the way with indulgent desserts! Overlooking the river, there are few places more romantic than this!

 The Garlic Tree celebrates...
 25/01/16 Winter 2016
 25/12/15 Christmas 2015
 20/11/15 Thanksgiving 2015
 01/11/15 Halloween 2015
 05/10/15 Autumn 2015

And with that we've reached the end of this Valentine's Day tour. When we reach the time where I'm obliged to decorate for Valentine's I always find myself screwing my nose up, but this time I really got into it. It's still not my favourite special occasion, but it was certainly great fun putting all the décor together this year, especially that bridge!

Now it's time to hand the reins over to my fine neighbours. The latest edition of the showcase is on its way tomorrow, with five lovely players about to get their diners exhibited on the blog. And if you enjoyed reading this, I promise you'll absolutely love what's coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment