Wednesday 9 April 2014

Game update: 09/04/14

With Easter less than two weeks away, we've got a new box to celebrate.

Notification for Easter update

The Easter Box costs 24 gems and when opened will give the player one of nine decorations at random, with the bigger and better prizes the more difficult to obtain.

Here's the distribution list of the box prizes:

First Prize (1% chance)
  • Marshmallow Maker
Second Prize (10% chance)
  • Bunny Pen
  • Egg Painting
Third Prize (35% chance)
  • Marshmallow Fountain
  • Easter Treats
Fourth Prize (54% chance)
  • Easter Basket
  • Easter Centerpiece
  • Chocolate Bunny
  • Carrot Patch

A big thank you to Fat Bear for once again filling in the blanks! You can see images of these items over on the TeamLava Forum. Again, those images have been uploaded by Fat Bear so thanks again!

I can't help but feel a little let down with this box update. Having had two superb Spring themed updates I've been really enjoying myself recently, but the lack of anything other than the box this time is disappointing. Of course releasing the box in isolation is very much part of the gamemakers' strategy to try and encourage players to buy gems, but it's frustrating all the same.

Looking closely at the new items, I do like both the third prizes. The Easter Treats in particular looks really good what with the large variety of different goodies in bright and vibrant colours. And the Marshmallow Fountain seems to be quite substantial for a third prize. Meanwhile the Easter Pen is cute - I like how they've managed to get a white bench in there as well as the bunnies.

The other second prize, the Egg Painting, also looks nice, and as you'd expect the Marshmallow Maker is full of detail. It consists of a long mechanical machine producing marshmallows, complete with a chef operating it and a display case in the same vein as those over in Bakery Story.

I may yet gamble (just once) on the box because some of the prizes might look good in my garden section. This is especially true of the Bunny Pen. Plus I've not really got much in the way of Easter items to display having missed out on the only previous content for the season back in 2012. The Pink Bunny Waiter is my only Easter themed piece, so adding a box item would be nice. But for 24 gems I'm hesitant because the fourth prizes are pretty ordinary.

With one more update before Easter weekend, I'd expect next week's offering to also be Easter related, so hopefully all players will get a chance to add something for Easter. Although Easter is still really a part of Spring, it would be a real shame if the general Spring updates are now over. However last year the Spring updates did continue well into May so I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for more!

8 comments:

  1. The final 4th place is a carrot patch; it's 2x1, kind of cute actually. I ninja invited the person so I'll post a picture on the forums. Not sure on 1st and 2nd yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And the 2nd place is called Bunny Pen.

      Delete
    2. Egg Painting is the other 2nd and the 1st is Marshmallow Maker. I'll post pics in the thread tomorrow.

      Delete
    3. Thanks as ever for the info Fat Bear!

      I've made amendments as necessary. :)

      Delete
    4. If you want to see them all yourself, quico on my wall is where I found all the prizes.

      Delete
    5. I already have! It's quite a place quico's got!

      I've changed the link above to go to your post in the Master Box Thread of the TL Forum. I'm sure the folks over there will appreciate your efforts - I know that I certainly do! :)

      Delete
  2. Marshmallow fountain looks awesome! Is Marshmallow maker the large kitchen area to the right? It's.... huge! I didn't expect much of Egg painting, but that also looks super nice too! Nice details.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Overall I think it's a good box - the prizes are generally pretty nice. However I've decided not to gamble since most of the items are tied to Easter and the game might not even be here next Easter, so investing gems in stuff that can't be out any time of year wouldn't be wise. Just my thoughts! :)

      Delete