Wednesday 2 April 2014

Game update: 02/04/14

Following on from a lovely Spring update last Wednesday, we may have trumped it here!

Notification for latest Spring update

There's a new goal set, with some really pretty Spring content to get hold of.

Firstly, here's a full list of new items:

Tables:
  • Blossom Table - locked by goal
Chairs:
  • Blossom Chair - locked by goal
Wall decorations:
  • Spring Window - 7,300 coins
  • Spring Wreath - 5,800 coins
Floor decorations:
  • Spring Picnic - locked by goal
  • Blossom Grove - locked by goal
Wallpapers:
  • Butterfly Fields - 8,600 coins
Floor tiles:
  • Dandelion Field - 1,200 coins
Appliances:
  • Infused Water Fountain - 12,500 coins
  • Fruit Bar - locked by goal
Counters:
  • Blossom Counter - locked by goal

What a fantastic update! Not a gem item in sight, and the quality of the new additions is so high!

Having only just started the goals, I've yet to unlock most of the goal content, but from the small images in the market, I'm very excited (have you noticed!) The two floor decorations look very special - the Blossom Grove is surely 4x4 in size and as imposing as the Picnic Party which costs 70 gems. Then the Spring Picnic looks cute, and is an item I've wanted for a long time following on from the two picnics over in Bakery Story.

I'm definitely planning to place those two decorations in my garden area, and have already installed the Butterfly Fields wallpaper and Dandelion Field floor tiles. This means my costly Floral Meadow wallpaper was only on show for a week, but it will return at some point! The Butterfly Fields is bright and cheerful and I like the three different tones of green towards the bottom, so that it matches the shade of the Dandelion Field. I've wanted some new grass flooring for coins for a long time, and this one ticks that box. It's not so hard on the eyes as the Spring Meadow floor tiles, and actually gets across a grassy texture.

The other pieces freely available are both wall decorations. The Spring Window is another beautiful item. The white pane has a bunch of flowers including a sunflower on its sill, which is really nice. My only gripe is that the window itself is a bit small and actually comes up above the door, which looks slightly strange. The Spring Wreath has me head-scratching - are wreaths common in Spring? I think TeamLava have a thing for designing wreaths! Regardless it looks alright complete with a bow.

The remainder of the new content is locked until you complete the goals, with the exception of the first appliance, the Infused Water Fountain. This is unheard of, and initially I suspected an error on the gamemaker's part. But with this drink machine required from the second goal, it kind of makes sense to make it freely available. However there is one issue - Melon Seeds (a new part) are required to build this constructible appliance, but aren't available to gift. So the only way to obtain them is by sending out requests. Hopefully this will be fixed otherwise we're in for a long slog. Thinking positively though, the fact we've got a new drink machine has me smiling in itself. No cupcake or pie recipes in sight!

Update: The lack of Melon Seeds in the gift list is not an error. The game's developers have done this very deliberately to add to the challenge!

I'll give some thoughts on the goal unlockables in a goal content report over the weekend once I've been able to have a proper look at them all. In the mean time head on over to my goal post for all the details on the new quest.

Introduction to Spring 2014 goals

Overall this is an excellent update. Combined with last week's effort, my sadness over the intial release of Restaurant Story 2 (and probably demise of the original) has been greatly tempered. I'm enjoying these updates as much as I possibly can!

2 comments:

  1. I purchased the fountain but it didn't register in the goal sheet. Do you not get credit credit until you finifh building it? How do you try to build it? I can't select it other than to move it. I figured it would be an error so I uninstalled/reinstalled and it didn't change anything. What am I doing wrong?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Infused Water Fountain needs to be built to register in the goals.

      To do this you firstly need to come out of design mode, and then double tap the box of parts currently representing the appliance. A window will appear showing which parts are needed to build the appliance. In this case, you need 5 Nozzles and 5 Melon Seeds - both of these can be obtained by sending requests to neighbours via the appropriate button in this window.

      Whatever you do, don't waste away any gems to finish building it quickly! I hope this helps. :)

      Delete