Wednesday 6 August 2014

Ancient Egypt goals (in full)

Please note that this set of goals expired on Monday 8th September 2014.

Included with the first update of August is a new set of goals, with Ancient Egypt the theme.

You can acquire five items exclusively through these goals, along with six recipes. And don't worry - there's plenty of time to get them done, with a deadline 34 days from release. That's likely to be Monday 8th September.

Here's a list of the goal steps:

 Step 1: The Tomb Cooker

  • Buy 8 Hieroglyphics Wallpaper ... any wallpaper is acceptable.
  • Buy 14 Desert Sand Floor Tiles ... these cost 1,350 coins each.
Step 1: The Tomb Cooker
By buying up those wallpapers and floor tiles you unlock the first new appliance, the Sphinx Fountain.

Unlocking of Sphinx Fountain
Unlike in most goal sets, there is no sidestep after completing this opening goal. Instead we may only move on to Step 2, where the Sphinx Fountain is first implemented.

 Step 2: Cantaloupe Crypt

  • Have 1 Sphinx Fountain ... these cost 13,000 coins each and require 4 Metal Sheets and 6 Screws to build.
  • Serve 8 Cantaloupe Juice ... these are found on the Sphinx Fountain and take 4 hours to prepare.
Step 2: Cantaloupe Crypt
For serving those juices you gain access to the Strawberry Juice.

Unlocking of Strawberry Juice
This is the second recipe on the Sphinx Fountain and forms part of Step 3.

 Step 3: Into the Depths

  • Serve 10 Strawberry Juice ... these are found on the Sphinx Fountain and take 6 hours to prepare.
  • Have 3 Pyramid Tables ... these cost 9,500 coins each.
  • Have 3 Pharaoh Thrones ... these cost 4,000 coins each.
Step 3: Into the Depths
Now the third Sphinx Fountain drink is unlocked.

Unlocking of Karakadey
Strangely, the Karkadey is not utilised just yet, with it only coming into play in Sidestep B which is not yet available. However we do now get our first sidestep with Sidestep A appearing as well as Step 4.

 Step 4: Ful of It

  • Have 2 Ancient Sands Stoves ... these are locked until you complete Sidestep A where one is given free. Further purchases cost 12,750 coins each. They require 2 Fuses, 8 Gold Springs, 4 Knobs and 6 Yellow Steel to build.
  • Prepare 20 Ful ... these are found on the Ancient Sands Stove and take 6 hours to prepare.
  • Serve 20 Ful
Step 4: Ful of It

By putting together all those bowls of Ful, you gain access to the Falafel.

Unlocking of Falafel
This is the second recipe on the Ancient Sands Stove and is at the centre of Step 5.

 Step 5: The Desert Hounds

  • Prepare 30 Falafels ... these are found on the Ancient Sands Stove and take 8 hours to prepare.
  • Serve 30 Falafels
  • Buy 2 Desert Hounds ... these are locked until you complete Sidestep B and cost 14,000 coins each.
Step 5: The Desert Hounds
The final recipe isn't unlocked just yet - instead the Egyptian Cat Statue opens up.

Unlocking of Egyptian Cat Statue
This floor decoration is a requirement in Sidestep C, which when completed will unlock the last dish, thus allowing Step 6 to be worked on.

 Step 6: The Treasure Room

  • Prepare 40 Kushari ... these are locked until you complete Sidestep C and are found on the Ancient Sands Stove. They take 10 hours to prepare.
  • Serve 40 Kushari
Step 6: The Treasure Room
This is the final goal, and rewards with the Treasure Room, a 4x4 sized floor decoration.

Unlocking of Treasure Room
It can be found towards the end of the floor decorations tab, with further purchases costing 60,000 coins.


 Sidestep A: Cracking the Code
 Available after completing Step 3

  • Have 3 Ancient Sands Counters ... these cost 8,250 coins each.
  • Ask Neighbours for 6 Hieroglyphics ...  tap 'Ask' and send requests for these to neighbours.
Sidestep A: Cracking the Code
Once those requests are fulfilled you unlock the second appliance, the Ancient Sands Stove.

Unlocking of Ancient Sands Stove
You are given one of these cookers free, with another needed in Step 4.

 Sidestep B: Another Tomb Treat
 Available after completing Sidestep A

  • Serve 12 Karkadey ... these are found on the Sphinx Fountain and take 8 hours to prepare.
  • Have 2 Sarcophagus Statues ... these cost 14,000 coins each.
Sidestep B: Another Tomb Treat
For serving the Karkadey the Desert Hound floor decoration is unlocked.

Unlocking of Desert Hound
Hold off on purchasing this item just yet as you need to buy two of them in Step 5. Note that Sidestep C is now open.

 Sidestep C: Finding the Key
 Available after completing Sidestep B

  • Visit 15 Neighbours ... this may not be correct - you may need to visit Community Members to have the visits registered, although there do seem to be issues with the counter. Thanks to Laura for the info.
  • Leave 15 Tips
  • Buy 1 Egyptian Cat Statue ... this is locked until you complete Step 5.
Sidestep C: Finding the Key
For your latest efforts you gain access to the Kushari, the last of the Ancient Sands Stove recipes.

Unlocking of Kushari
It is the focus of Step 6, the concluding goal.

31 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok wondered why the cat was still locked,after I bought dogs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Under the task "visit 15 neighbors" it did not count my neighbors at all, only community members and somehow my progress went from 8/15 to 6/15 while I was visiting my neighbors. Strange!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for that Laura. I rushed through that goal so quick that I wasn't too sure myself. I've edited the goal's info. :)

      Delete
  4. I was almost done with the last task, preparing and serving kashari when I noticed my progress clipboard was gone. It reappeared today but it says 0 goals. I thought the Egyptian goal was for 34 days. Any ideas?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've not heard about this from anyone else and the goals definitely shouldn't have expired yet, so it appears that something has gone wrong in your game.

      I'd suggest getting in touch with TeamLava by email using support@teamlava.com and hopefully they can sort you out. :)

      Delete
  5. I put my sphynx fountain in storage overnight and it's gone now! What do I do?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It should still be there if you only stored it rather than deleting it. Note that it's not positioned right at the end of the appliances tab - it's listed among the first goal appliances. :)

      Delete
  6. I have the money but it won't let me buy the egyptian cat, I find it confusing, please help

    ReplyDelete
  7. you have the dogs?gotta buy 2 finish that goal part then.it'll let you buy the cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, I was so confused. How do you get people to send the gifts, I ask and they keep sending food!

      Delete
    2. go on each neighbors wall post the parts you need, I some will send food or parts that you have no use for...

      Delete
  8. As Kay says, you need not only to serve up all the Falafels, but also buy two of the Desert Hound which is unlocked in SIdestep B. Just follow all the instructions and links above and you should get there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have 3 days left and I don't think I'll complete. Will I miss out on a new goal/stove.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. for that goal possibly, you can do the new goal Italian I think it's called ancient stoves might be unlocked for purchase

      Delete
  10. Thank you for your response. I'm up to the kushari and I have to make 40.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Kushari goal is the last one, so you'll only miss out on the final prize, the Treasure Room. At least you'll have all the recipes unlocked (and thus the potential to pick up the mastering gems). :)

      Delete
  11. You ever use gems to speed up the process?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did 1 time when it only cost 1-2gems LoL I'm stingy

      Delete
    2. I haven't but the only time I've ever been in a situation where it was necessary was back in my early days.

      It really depends on how much you want the Treasure Room - is it worth paying x gems for? It's the only thing you've not unlocked, but decide quickly because the goals could expire at any moment! :)

      Delete
    3. Things aren't working in my game. I have blocked the door so that I can build up food and when I go back all the food has gone and I'm not getting any gifts. It's a shame as I was really enjoying it

      Delete
    4. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    5. has happened to me also

      Delete
    6. Joanie W, the game is not designed for the door to be blocked, and consequently funny things can happen when you do.

      TeamLava themselves have recommended that you don't block the door in an effort to build up stocks. :)

      Delete
  12. I just noticed the time its wrong for me it's 11:37pm cstime,that's way off

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm in the UK, so the times displayed are GMT. I would have thought they'd change depending on your location but obviously not! :)

      Delete
  13. You guys have been very helpful thanks. My id is ddrichgirl and would love to be neighbors. Also do you have any tips on leveling up faster.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Took me 1yr.lvl99,go for foods with high xp.constant play

      Delete
  14. Getting angry on the bs goal 2nd recipe had 2of 6hrs frappes then game Refreshed started me back at 18!!! And it just did it.again, one more time and IQuit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 2frappes to go for completion of 25, then unlock the last one but the refreshes keep.starting me.at.18/one more refresh im done

      Delete