Wednesday 13 August 2014

Game update: 13/08/14

Wednesday has swung around once again, and we're polishing the glass with the latest update.

Notification for Glass update

That's right, glass is the theme, with all the new content unlocked at level 73. Here's the customary list:

Tables:
  • Glass Table - 2 gems
Chairs:
  • Glass Chair - 26,000 coins
Wall decorations:
  • Glass Clock - 33,000 coins
Floor decorations:
  • Glass Fountain - 48 gems
  • Glass Chef - 80,000 coins
Floor tiles:
  • Glass - 1 gem
Counters:
  • Modern Glass Counter - 61,000 coins

What can I say? I think TeamLava have deliberately delivered this theme to get on my wick! Over the last few weeks and months I've grown increasingly frustrated with the number of tables and counters released which make use of a sheet of glass. Now they've dedicated an entire update to my least favourite material! I have to admit, it's going to be tricky to extract some positives here, but let's give it a go...

Starting with the Glass Table, I'm surprisingly content. Yes it's got the usual circular sheet of glass on top, but there's a cool shape holding it up. The spiralling blue form puts me in mind of a fan or a shell, and is sleek. This may be a good addition for an ultra modern surrounding, even at 2 gems each.

The Glass Chair is not so impressive. Who exactly wants to park their bottom on a glass surface when they come to eat? A strange concept, and when previewing the chair you get a strange image. There's so much yellow outline around that I can't really form a judgement, and with my saving for the final expansion nearing it's conclusion, I ain't about to fork out 26,000 coins to do so. Sorry.

Moving on to the Glass Clock, and it stands out against the rest of this update's offerings. Everything else seems to implement a light blue tone, whereas the clock uses a mixture of colours, all of which are light tones to indicate a glassy material. I'm not sure where this piece fits, but I suspect some of the more imaginative players out there will find a home for it.

We've reached the floor decorations, of which there are two. The Glass Chef is an opportunity to add a character to your diner for coins, but being made of glass, he doesn't look at home. My only idea here is to have him manning the freezer if you're fortunate enough to have one, as he looks like he's been frozen in time.

The other floor decoration added is the headliner. The Glass Fountain is a 3x3 sized item, and can be seen clearly in this image from the TeamLava Blog:

Glass Fountain as shown on TeamLava Blog

This would be a gorgeous piece, it really would, if it wasn't for the barbaric burger on top! What is going on there! I guess it's similar to the Hieroglyphs wallpaper from last week having the food printed all over. The difference is that otherwise this fountain is majestic, and the burger has totally erased it's beauty. The cost is a turn-off too - at 48 gems I reckon there are only five items active in the market which are more expensive.

Unusually, we have new flooring rather than a fresh wallpaper. We were given a floor tile in the last non-goal update too, which gives me hope that the game's developers are going to start introducing new flooring most weeks again. Unfortunately the Glass floor tile is 1 gem a time, so won't feature in my place, nor most others. However it may be useful for a Winter setting in the coming months.

We close out with the Modern Glass Counter, which doesn't seem to be any more modern than the other additions. It looks decent enough despite being much like many of the other counters added of late. It is essentially a glass box, except that unlike in previous updates, there is no decoration tucked inside. The smart diagonal lines down the sides save it from total ridicule, although being the third most expensive counter currently on the market at 61,000 coins doesn't help it's cause.

Notable in its absence today is a new recipe. This is a bit of a shock as we haven't had a non-box update without a new dish for a very long time. I estimate that you have to go to back to mid-May 2013 to repeat the feat. Hopefully this void will be made up for next week...

I've tried to be cheery, but generally this is a thumbs down update in my opinion. Some will no doubt enjoy it as is their right - you can't like them all, and this is one that's just not for me.

4 comments:

  1. A real disappointment if you ask me (not that anyone did), although I've not read a single nice comment on this update on any of the forums.

    Quite ironic though because, as you mentioned, you've been [very justifiably] telling us of your growing annoyance with glass tables and counters, and TeamLava go ahead and taunt you this week. I'm just hoping that they have finally gotten glass out of their system! I was actually looking forward to seeing a glass themed dish though, I thought perhaps an icy dish of some kind..

    'Cinderella' was used to advertise this update on the TeamLava site, but it looks more like one of the ugly step-sisters. However I'm sure there are some who may find a very nice home for some of these items.

    I must say I'm impressed with how you focussed on the positives as I was expecting to see a scathing review. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At first it was going to be merciless but I tried to be positive and appreciative wherever possible.

      I'd not have been surprised if they'd given us a Glass Soup as a recipe. Nice and crunchy! :)

      Delete
  2. You did the a great work writing and revealing the hidden beneficial features of
    pakistani art

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Restaurant Story Adventures" whisks players into a culinary journey filled with creativity and challenges. From managing bustling kitchens to designing delectable menus, every moment is a savory adventure. With its addictive gameplay and delightful graphics, this game satisfies cravings for both fun and food.


    Storage Box
    wooden trays for sale

    ReplyDelete