Thursday 18 December 2014

Restaurant Story 2 launched around the world

The time has come my friends! Nearly nine months after Restaurant Story 2 was first launched on the Thai App Store, the game is now available around the world.

Title screen for Restaurant Story 2

In truth I don't really know exactly when the sequel game was released worldwide. I only became aware of the worldwide release after a tip-off from one of my fine neighbours, Creme. The latest update came yesterday, so it could be as recent as Wednesday that RS2 hit stores globally, but in reality it has probably been kicking around for a good few weeks.

At present only iOS users can access the game. I've previously reported comments from a community manager on the TeamLava Forum which suggest that an Android release will happen, but not for some time. It looks like Androiders are going to be made to wait!

Restaurant Story as shown on UK iTunes App Store

I'm really hesitant to open up RS2. From all the titbits we've stumbled across it does appear to have a similar engine to Farm Story 2, another TeamLava title which I really didn't enjoy when playing it to earn some extra gems. But as a long-term blogger on the subject of RS1 I feel an obligation to give it a go so will spare some time this Christmas to investigate and provide some feedback on here as to whether RS2 is a worthy successor to the app we all love so dearly!

And what of the original? Well, there have been a few suspicious updates in RS1 over the last few months, but clearly not enough to have me actively checking up on the development of RS2! We seem to be safe in continuing to get new content in RS1 for now, but after the New Year I will be watching closely to see if the updates begin to dry up.

Interesting times are looming!

5 comments:

  1. I installed Restaurant Story 2 just after reading about it on your blog and spent a few minutes testing it out. All I can say is that it'll take some time getting used to the game. I found myself comparing each feature to RS 1 and came up disappointed. I will give it a fair trial period though, and try to judge it on its own merits without comparing it to RS 1.

    If you do blog on RS 2, you have your work cut out for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a bit of dilemma deciding how to incorporate RS2 blog-wise! I can't see myself running a second blog dedicated to it (one's enough!) but that doesn't mean I can't include some stuff related to RS2. Of course that's all assuming I decide to be a regular player and dedicate myself to it too! :)

      Delete
  2. I thought the same thing. It looks like Farm Story 2 which is the worst Team Lava game I've played for gems. I dreaded playing that game every day. I hope RS2 is better, but I loveeee RS1!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. RS2 seems like FS2... a silly 3D version of previous game... I'll not play it !

    ReplyDelete