Saturday 23 February 2013

The box lottery

Buying the boxes under the last tab in the Design section is a gamble, but that is where some of the best items in the game are hidden. Any box items, and particularly 1st and 2nd prizes you own, have a level of 'exclusivity' about them - in other words not many restaurants will be able to boast these items. A full list of prizes along with images is available here.

This link is well worth a look if you're planning to blow some gems on a box. In my opinion the key question to ask yourself when thinking of buying a box is 'would I be satisfied with any of the 4th prizes?' At the end of the day you are most likely to end up with one of these (54%) so should expect the worst so to speak.

For example, when I purchased a Magic Box in hope of obtaining a Grand Piano, I concluded that if I was left with a Fireplace, Grandfather Clock or Fancy Vase (all 4th prizes) it wouldn't be a big issue. As it was, my luck was in and I got the 2nd prize Grand Piano on the first attempt:
 

Grand Piano (a 2nd prize in the Magic Box)
My other two box purchases also ended in favourable results. The first was a Lobster Tank from the Magic Shell when my preference was the 3rd prize Indoor Waterfall or 4th prize Bubble Pillar:


Lobster Tank (a 3rd prize in the Magic Shell)
I am actually really delighted with the Lobster Tank as it helps convey the high class dining feel that I want to have in my restaurant.

My third box purchase was under the Steampunk Chest where I got a Steampunk Couch. On that occasion I wasn't too fussed what came out - I just wanted something unique for my Steampunk themed section:

Steampunk Couch (a 3rd prize in the Steampunk Chest)
It's fair to say I've been very lucky with picking up no 4th prizes thus far in my adventures.

Basically, if you do plan to spend gems on boxes, make sure you'd be pleased with one of the lower prizes rather than just jumping straight in hoping to pick up a 1st prize. Otherwise you'll more than likely spend a fortune trying to do so!

No comments:

Post a Comment