Saturday 18 May 2013

Reaching level 99

I've done it! Having cooked no doubt thousands of dishes, I've finally reached the dizzy heights of level 99.

Congratulations message for reaching level 99

Having started playing Restaurant Story at the start of August, that means it has taken me around nine months to reach the peak level. I've played the game every day since installing it (I know, how sad!) and have rarely not had my full bank of appliances in action.

So I suspect that players who are not as dedicated (or obsessive) as myself will not reach level 99 for about a year after starting. From the sheer number of inactive neighbours I've came across, it seems that not many last the distance, and no wonder. Sometimes I can't believe that I'm still playing the game!

I've came a long way from having no idea about the concept of tipping or making neighbours, and am still as addicted to the app as I was on day one. Patience is a virtue, and to hit the top level you need to have it in abundance.

So what now? In some respects getting to level 99 is the equivalent of completing the game, as reaching level 100 is close to impossible. This is because you need to amass another 99 million XP. That ain't a typo...

Profile page for The Garlic Tree

This is a deliberate move by TeamLava as the game experiences technical problems if you do get to level 100. So it is unlikely that any further levels will be added any time soon. However originally level 96 was the limit and it was extended so who knows.

Of course I'm far from finished anyway. Reaching level 99 is only completing the 'story'. To achieve 100% I need to master every recipe on every appliance. And I'm a heck of a long way from doing that. Plus, with new recipes added regularly, I'm unlikely to ever have fully completed the game - there's always something else to achieve.

Does that mean I'll play on forever then? Who knows...

15 comments:

  1. i too played every minute even when my droid was charging lm a lvl99 and yet im stil playing was a 4star probably3now i play bs too lvl 93

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ive been on level 99u and i have been playing for two years. I hope they add new levels though

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have reached level 100 after playing the game for three years and i am still playing to view my restaurant add crystaldzouza

    ReplyDelete
  4. I finally reached level 99 today after almost 1 year of playing. Lots of ups and downs, deleted it several times but always came back for some reason! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am now on level 99 have not left it yet. I wonder how long will iit take to get to level 100?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am now on level 99 have not left it yet. I wonder how long will iit take to get to level 100?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good question, and I have the answer! Check out this post:

      http://restaurantstoryadventures.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/the-level-100-journey-becomes.html

      The XP requirements for level 100 were changed for much the worse around 18 months ago, so you'll be waiting a long time to make it to three figures! :)

      Delete
  7. I am at level 99, but am bored now. I want to delete it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you mastered every recipe and made every expansion? If not then that's something to aim for! :)

      Delete
  8. I reached 99 yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well that's kind of what I feared. Plenty to do still but annoyed by that never ending 99 bar barely moving.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think when you reach level 99 which I am on, you should be able to have access to all stoves

    ReplyDelete