Tuesday 9 May 2017

Game update: 08/05/17

Late last night there was a surprise pop-up in Restaurant Story as the game's developers dropped a special sale for May.

Notification for special May sale

Out of nowhere we were treated to an array of classic content, available until Monday 15th May. In total there were 19 items given the orange frame, including eight floor decorations and six boxes. Two appliances, two wall decorations and a wallpaper complete what is very much a surprise sale.

The tiles as they appear in the market are shown below (click the image to enlarge):

Special May sale items

There's quite an interesting selection of stuff has been included. This is only described as a 'May' sale so there's no tight connection to spring as you may have anticipated. Nevertheless spring is well represented with the likes of the Spring Chick, Spring Picnic and May Basket in there. However it's the Spring Lunch which deserves the spotlight since its 18 gem asking price is 50% down on the 35 gem tag upon the original release as a limited time offer in March 2014.

There's also a small nod to Mother's Day (at least in the US) with the Mother's Day Bear. Mother's Day was in March here in the UK, but of course every day should be Mother's Day (brownie points for me there!)

 Recent sales
 11/04/17 Easter
 14/03/17 St Patrick's Day

Then there's the two appliances re-released. Given that the Ice Cream Machine was originally part of the World Games goals (and special edition app) way back in 2012 it's great to see it make a return - it did put in a brief LTO appearance in autumn 2014 but this is the real time of year for it! The Fruit Bar has also returned previously, but to be honest I'm just chuffed to see old goal cookers get another airing. It's been a popular request over the years, so it would be nice if Storm8 started doing this with every sale they put on.

As has become tradition with discounted crates, the deal is 50% off, meaning that those lucky dips will cost just 12 gems over the next few days. I'm not normally much of a box opener, but at 12 gems they do become much more attractive. I'm tempted, especially since the Gardener's Chest is included. This is one of my favourite crates thanks to its cheeriness and quirkiness. And that's despite never having actually opened it! Perhaps now is the time...

In terms of volume this is by no means the biggest sale the game has seen, but there's a healthy range of decor included and with a number of boxes in there you actually have a wide selection of possible items to help enhance your diner. You've got to love the warmer weather and longer evenings!

3 comments:

  1. I am a relatively new player, just joined RS in February. Historically I tended to play games like Cookie Crush and Candy Crush , more as a way of occupying waiting times and long car rides without having to invest much brain wise. I am a social animal, so the posting on neighbors walls and receiving nonsensical fun messages incognito appealed to me. It was also a way of doing something fun with my now adult daughter that didn't involve shopping (I thought-ha!)
    Anyway, because of some twerk in my personality, I make reasonable attempts to send folks what they request or need for goals; not being familiar with which parts go with what appliance, I thought I hit a goldmine when I found your blog...just whatever in the world did we ever do without Google!?
    I am having difficulty finding a listing for the ice cream machine...and this post alerted me as to why. Guess I will just have to do some rearranging and find out by getting one myself? Lol
    All this to say: thank you. Yes I am an old nerd. Good work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the sentiment Shauna!

      Yes, the Ice Cream Machine's release is one of the few that predates this blog - it requires 10 Springs and 10 Colored Plastic to build.

      Must admit I am also a Candy Crush addict - just passed level 2350! :)

      Delete
  2. Aaaaand of course realized I misquoted one of the game names...Cookie JAM...🙃

    ReplyDelete