Saturday 23 December 2017

Game update: 22/12/17

We've been waiting patiently for a Christmas sale, and just when it looked like Santa had forgotten us there was a pop-up last night indicating a small but nevertheless notable selection of deals on the market.

Notification for Christmas 2017 sale

It is purely a box sale, with a range of crates reduced by at least 50% - we've been given instructions to get our business done 'before the new year'. That's not the most precise of statements with regards to a deadline for the sale, but the orange frames surrounding the boxes in question suggest that it may be the 30th that the discounts expire.

I can't deny it - this is not an exhilarating sale. It's only a few weeks ago that all of the boxes were available for half price, and so this is not an original concept. And with no coin content given the special treatment, this is not a inclusive concept either. You get the sense that Storm8 just weren't too fussed about doing a Christmas sale this year. They've been very half-hearted with it.

However a sale is a sale, and here is the complete selection of crates included:

Christmas 2017 sale items

The majority of the chests marked down are of the festive variety, although there are a few others have seemingly been thrown in at random. The most eye-catching deal has to be the Holiday Gift at only six gems. I've no idea why the gamemakers have decided to make this particular box 75% cheaper than normal, but I ain't complaining!

After three successive Santa's Toy Benches from this box during the Black Friday sale, this was my shot at redemption. And my goodness did I get some. The Holiday Express is a second prize and one of the Christmas decorations I've had my eyes on for a very long time indeed. And now it's mine! I'm one very chuffed restaurant owner right now!

 Crate Catalogue

Having hit the jackpot in the Holiday Gift and with Christmas so close, I've decided against any further dips. The timing of the sale is a further downside if truth be told - leaving the discounts until three days before Christmas was a poor decision on Storm8's part, and will probably contribute to a poor return for the gamemakers from the sale.

Bah humbug! Well, not quite. I'm going to do what I can to bring some festive cheer with a tour of my decked out abode tomorrow, while on Christmas Day I'll be handing the blog over to some of my awesome neighbours with a classic showcase. Cancel your Christmas plans!

No comments:

Post a Comment