Saturday 23 March 2013

Latest from The Garlic Tree

I thought I'd take some time to discuss the latest goings-on at my restaurant, The Garlic Tree.

Just over a month ago, I made an expansion to 18x21, and so the saving for upgrading to 19x22 began. Well now I'm almost there - only a few thousand coins short of the 3,500,000 coins I need to expand again. However I do like to ensure I've got plenty of coins in reserve before expanding for new flooring, wallpapers and the odd chance of wanting to buy something from an update, so I'll not carry out the expansion for a week or two yet.

This expansion will be a landmark for me, as I plan to do a complete overhaul of my current restaurant layout.

Current layout of The Garlic Tree

A plan of what I'm aiming to produce is detailed below.

Plan of future layout of The Garlic Tree

Now there are one or two items included in this plan which are not currently on show in The Garlic Tree such as the Flamingos and Lotus Flowers. These were bought some months ago in anticipation of this big day! Plus there's one section which I've not filled with furniture - I've got a few possible themes stored up for there and haven't decided which to go for yet.

I'll post more about my transition from one layout to another when it happens!

Elsewhere, a Slots goal this week has boosted by gem count along with mastering several dishes on special appliances at the fourth level for the first time. The Strawberry Malt on the Malt Shake Maker was the first recipe I mastered at the fourth level:

Reward for mastering Strawberry Malt at fourth level

A well as the Malt Shake Maker, I've been working on mastering recipes at level four on the Burger Grill, Orange Deep Fryer, Tiki Oven and Fusion Sashimi Block. Now I've got just about enough gems to have a go at a box (I so badly want the Petal Pond in the Action Chef Box!) but am going to hold off for now in anticipation of some goodies over Easter.

Meanwhile, having completed the Asian Goals, I have placed some of the unlockables in my restaurant including Action Chef Lee, a Penjing Tree and the Jade Dragon.

Jade Dragon from the Asian Goals

With the centrepiece of The Garlic Tree (the four pillars with food arranged around them) remaining in place in the new layout, I will be able to keep the Jade Dragon out, but there may not be space for my Penjing Tree. In fact, I'm not sure how long to keep the Asian themed stuff around for. Probably not long if Easter provides some more nice things.

No comments:

Post a Comment