Wednesday 10 April 2013

Game update: 10/04/13

Today's update is a small one, but there is a glorious twist which I'll soon get to!

Notification for picnic theme update

The Spring theme is continued with the focus on picnics. As the notification implies, there is a new box which contains a variety of picnic related items. But the big surprise is that all of the items are available out of the box as floor decorations!

Floor decorations:
  • Flower Basket - 15 gems
  • Picnic Basket - 15 gems
  • Picnic Menu - 25 gems
  • Picnic Painting - 25 gems
  • Picnic Party - 70 gems
  • Picnic Prep - 40 gems
  • Picnic Puppy - 15 gems
  • Pinwheel Dance - 40 gems
  • Playful Parasol - 15 gems
Boxes:
  • Picnic Surprise - 24 gems

For a image of all these items together see the TeamLava Blog. It has to be said - these are all super items.

A significant point to make here (before we all get too excited) is that these items could be available out of the box for a limited time only, so if you want to grab one, I suggest doing so between now and the next update (presumably next Wednesday).

So, we can assume that the distribution of the items correspond as follows:

15 gems = 4th prize
25 gems = 3rd prize
40 gems = 2nd prize
70 gems = 1st prize

Therefore this is a fantastic opportunity to get hold of a 2nd prize item without the risk of ending up spending a shedload of gems to obtain one. Instead you have to splurge 40 gems - but are guaranteed the 2nd prize. This is exactly how I got my String Quartet on Black Friday last year.

So what will I do? I've already commented that I'm planning to go for an outdoor area, and have 40 gems in the bank. Should I go for two 15 gem items and have some left over? Or how about blowing them all for an item of 2nd prize quality?

Well, I don't think the Picnic Prep resembles something you would actually see in a garden (more like in the kitchen) while the Pinwheel Dance is a strange looking thing. Also taking into account that the Garden Pond will take up a lot of space (when I finally complete the goals and get it), I'm going to rule out the two 40 gem items.

Instead I'm buying two smaller items - I'm plumping for the Picnic Painting (25 gems) and Playful Parasol (15 gems). Both provide a character for my restaurant (which I do like) while still being elegant and sophisticated additions. Here they are in all their glory, even if they're inside at present:

Picnic Painting and Picnic Parasol in The Garlic Tree

And so I'm back down to zero gems. But a beautiful garden section is now in the offing...

No comments:

Post a Comment