Saturday 13 April 2013

The Garlic Tree refurbished

After a long period of planning, I've finally redesigned the layout of my restaurant.

A few weeks ago I posted some details about this upcoming refurbishment and included an image of the planned new layout.

Planned new layout of The Garlic Tree

The key component in my refurbishment was an expansion to 19x22. Costing 3,500,000 coins and requiring 40 neighbours, it took a while to fulfil these demands, but I soon got there.

However the Spring goals delayed the expansion as I had to fork out some funds to purchase certain items for them. But having reached the final stage of those goals, I'm now ready to expand and refurbish...

The Garlic Tree before expansion and refurbishment

The Garlic Tree after expansion and refurbishment

The final result is pretty similar to the plan above. You'll clearly spot that the tables and chairs are not positioned identically. I altered their layout to maximise the number of punters I can accomodate at one time.

One not so obvious difference is that I don't have an extra space either side of the elongated ponds before the dividers. This is because the customers tended to walk down the far side of the foyer instead of in between the ponds. As a result the Steampunk section is slighly bigger than intended, while there is extra space for more counters (very useful).

Another deviation from the plan is that the chef and Host Table are now to the right of the door with the chef actually in the kitchen where he should be! I did this due to a shortage of space on the other side of the Foyer - the Lobster Tank and Grand Piano are cumbersome as well as elegant.

As far as comparisons to the previous set-up go, much of it remains, such as the centre-piece of the four pillars with food served all around, the kitchen section and the table tennis section.

Meanwhile my Steampunk and Autumn/Thanksgiving sections have made a comeback having been forced into storage by a lack of space previously.

The first major change is the foyer section.

New Foyer section in The Garlic Tree

The entrance door is now positioned centrally rather than on the corner, with two indoor ponds flanked by Flamingos and Lotus Flowers leading guests to the main posh section. The Lobster Tank is retained, while the Grand Piano has moved from the posh section to here (mainly due to a shortage of space).

Also, you'll spot a new 50's diner area.

New retro diner section in The Garlic Tree

This isn't my favourite themed area, but having had most of the items in storage for quite a while, I felt it was about time that they got an airing. The Diner Table is the reward for completion of the 'Yummy Ingredients' part of the collectibles tab, so I've got plenty of them to use! The 50's Chef is 65,000 coins which is a sound investment in my view. The two motorcycles were expensive though - the Teal Vintage Motorcycle (the one on the right) cost 115,000 coins while the Yellow Motorcycle used up 32 gems. It was the purchase of this second motorcycle which set off my pursuit of a retro area.

Finally the Popcorn Cart was a 4th prize in the 50's Diner Box.

Award of Popcorn Cart from 50's Diner Box

I was hoping for something larger, but have grown fond of the Popcorn Cart despite its 1x1 size. For a while I pondered a second dip into the 50's Diner Box but in the end opted not to - there isn't space for any more stuff anyway!

My issue with this new layout is a decrease in tables and chairs. This means that I can't seat all of the initial customers (cue lots of angry red thought bubbles!) and thus my customer satisfaction rating and cash flow both take a blow. Effectively I've sacrificed efficiency for beauty.

The best thing about this rearrangement of decor was being able to accomodate more of my themed sections - now the only previously premiered areas not on show are the Asian and Valentine's sections. I've also got an outdoor area on the go which received a boost earlier this week following the latest update. I've no idea when I'll get it out (as it's likely to be pretty big).

And this brings me on to my final point in this post. Despite now being just four expansions short of maxing out, I'm still lacking space! So I'm going to get my head down and keep saving up for further expansions - 5,000,000 coins for the next one!

No comments:

Post a Comment