Saturday 1 June 2013

Another expansion at The Garlic Tree

It's that time again. My next expansion is to 20x23 and comes at a cost of 5,000,000 coins.

Expansion to 20x23

Now the last time I expanded, it was quickly followed with a total refurbishment of my restaurant. On this occasion though, I'm keeping things as they are with the extra space being utilised for placing more tables, chairs and counters.

So you could call it an efficiency enhancing expansion. And here's the before and after images:

The Garlic Tree before expansion to 20x23

The Garlic Tree after expansion to 20x23

This is a useful move for me as I've gone from seating 18 to 22. Previously I had quite a lot of the initial customers leaving red-faced and angry, but the increase in capacity has stemmed the flow somewhat.

And the increase in the number of counters from 27 to 34 will be good for business as well. I'd been finding that there wasn't enough room to display all the dishes once cooked, but this should reduce the number of occasions where I have to throw away plates of food to make space for new portions.

The more eagle-eyed among you may also spot one or two changes to my retro diner section. I've parted with some gems to put in place some Red and White floor tiles - I think they match the rest of the interior better than the Red and Black tiles. At 1 gem each, that's 24 gems gone!

New look retro diner section at The Garlic Tree

Then I spent another 24 gems for a second go at the 50's Diner Box. And I was given a Retro Gumball Machine:

Award of Retro Gumball Machine from 50's Diner Box

In all honesty I was a tad disappointed to get such a small item for such a large investment but that's the risk you take with the boxes. At least it fits the surroundings well. I doubt I'll be having another lucky dip in the 50's Diner Box any time soon.

It's worth mentioning that part of the reason why I've spent a large chunk of my gems is that earlier this week I had a 'double tap' accident in Bakery Story which led to 40 gems being tossed down the drain. I'm still seething!

The next expansion on the horizon is to 21x24 and costs a whopping 7,500,000 coins. However I've still got almost 1,500,000 coins leftover after the last expansion, so I'm well on my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment