Monday 14 October 2013

Black Friday is coming!

As the title suggests, this post is all about Black Friday, which this year falls on Friday 29th November.

For the benefit of those outside of the US, Black Friday is the day after Thanksgiving and marks the start of the Christmas shopping season. Consequently there tend to be lots of sales and promotions from retailers on this day, much like on Boxing Day in the UK.

Now I understand that the end of November is still some time away, so why on earth am I bringing this up now? Well, because the developers of Restaurant Story, TeamLava, treat Black Friday just like high street retailers. So this means something very special could be coming...

It is very possible that many of the limited time offers over the last year and many of the rare box items will be made available for one week only. They'll all cost gems, and probably a lot in some cases, but it may be the last chance you'll ever get to buy the LTOs and the best chance you'll ever get to obtain a rare box item.

Black Friday 2012 sale items (source: TeamLava Forums)

At this point I should put in a disclaimer: I cannot guarantee that such an event will occur, but it has in each of the last two years, and there is no reason to expect it not to this year as well. After all, this event probably makes TeamLava more money from players' gem purchases than any other.

I mentioned gem purchases there, and it's also worth noting that in Black Friday week in 2012 there was a 40% off gem purchases offer made available to all players. Usually gem sales are limited to 20% and 30%, and are only offered to selected players randomly. But I expect all players to get a 40% off chance at this time.

So let this post act as a reminder of this annual event. It is definitely worth storing up your gems between now and the end of November before making the most of Black Friday.

And even if nothing takes your fancy then, there's always Christmas around the corner. In the week of Christmas in 2012 selected items from the boxes were made available out of the box for a limited time. Another superb opportunity (although once more I can't guarantee it'll happen again!)

So horde your gems and prepare for the Black Friday chaos!

3 comments:

  1. I have been hoarding my gems since I started playing! For just such an occasion! Not knowing what the occasion would be! lol It is so hard to get gems. I still only have enough to MAYBE buy ONE item on Black Friday! But if there is a sale on gems.. I might.. COUGH.. might actually buy some! I swore I would never! And have made it this far without! Thanks for the insight and tips! Something else to look forward to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't buy gems (and had no plans to) until the Christmas sale I briefly mentioned above. Then I was sucked in and bought the 275-gem pack!

      If you are ever going to buy gems, then Black Friday / Christmas is the best time to do it... but remember that there is no guarantee this limited time sale will happen! I'm just going by previous years.

      But I'd say you should definitely keep them saved until the end of November! :)

      Delete
  2. I like the limited time offers as they are exclusive to very few people. I already purchased two of the recent LTOs. Bought the pirate fountain, which was a steal at 23 gems, and the autumn cider bar for 38 gems. Also was lucky to get the second prize in the autumn mystery box to get the piano. Loved it! Currently managed to hoard gems to splurge on the next good sale!

    ReplyDelete