Saturday 26 October 2013

The Garlic Tree at Halloween

With Halloween this coming Thursday, I've got my restaurant decked out in a Halloween theme.

I've seen a few really special restaurants for the occasion, where a huge amount of effort has been put in to totally refurbishing the diner in the name of Halloween. I've been busying myself with mastering the newest recipes and saving gems for Black Friday so have not gone too big with my decorating.

But as an iOS user who has been playing the game for more than a year, I do have access to last year's Halloween content, so have been able to mix and match nicely to create a spooky tone.

I've actually looked to incorporate some of the Halloween content within my existing design. For example, in the kitchen section my Swedish Server has morphed into a Zombie Waiter:

Halloween themed kitchen section of The Garlic Tree

Also in the kitchen is the Halloween Desserts, with the Lab Assistant crouching alongside, no doubt hoping to get hold of a pudding to eat (or experiment on!) A couple of Creepy Windows offer a a look at the beasts residing outside.

Let's move on to my foyer section, which has had the most drastic makeover:

Halloween themed foyer section of The Garlic Tree

The Supernatural wallpaper and Happy Halloween floor tiles are loud and proud - they create a sense of madness as well as darkness! The wallpaper is actually from last year and it's not the only content I've used that's from 2012. The Zombie Waiter pictured above is also from last year as are the Headless Horseman and Spooky Piano. Meanwhile the Wagon of Pumpkins and Pumpkin Topiary are too, although they were released for Thanksgiving rather than Halloween. Pumpkins are pumpkins though!

The incorporation of Halloween items among the regular design of The Garlic Tree is in evidence here with my Bookshelf and Lounge Chair keeping their place along with the water feature housing the two Flamingos.

And the walls are well covered too, with a pair of Zombie Attack windows up (again an item from last year) along with a Halloween Sign.

The last area I want to show you is the main section. Usually I've got Mahogany Tables and Chairs laid out on Elegant floor tiles, but have overhauled them for this season:

Halloween themed main section of The Garlic Tree

The Haunted Floorboards give a dirty feel to the place which is added to by the webs dangling from the Haunted Tables and Spiderweb Chairs. The centerpiece of my main section usually contains only plants, but for Halloween I've installed some Jack-o'-lanterns upon an Astro floor.

This Astro flooring is actually the only gem item I've used for Halloween, and even this was bought many full moons ago for a future garden section.

With so much of my Halloween decor coming from last year's content, I'd like to see the 2012 content brought back for a limited time next week for players who don't have the luxury of access to the old stuff. Update day is Halloween Eve, so it might not be worthwhile for TeamLava to release yet another new Halloween update, so it would be great if they just reintroduced the 2012 items.

Have a great Halloween everyone!

3 comments:

  1. Hey there.. I wanted to see what kind of content was added over the month of October last year, and from the looks of it, there was LOADS of Halloween related updates, from items, to boxes, to goals... although I am getting SUPER excited by reading through these, I'm also a little worried about a few things:

    1) That the Halloween content this year, won't be as good as the items from previous years - I can't help but simply want the old items already in existence.. I have theme ideas already based off old items, and that's not a good thing!

    2) There won't be as many Halloween related updates throughout October, and TL will randomly insert "French Theme #2.5" or "Birthday Box" like they've done this month.

    I know there's the saving grace of Black Friday, where hopefully I can get a few of the old spooky items, but I thought I'd write down my concerns here all the same to see what you think (although given the randomness of TL, I'm sure you won't have much reassurance to give me :P)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember Halloween 2013 being a really good time for updates. In fact put on the spot I'd say that the first Halloween update last year was the greatest update in all the time I've been playing.

      I share your concerns. I fear that TeamLava will feel that there's so much Halloween stuff already designed that they may just bank on everyone being satisfied with it. Don't get me wrong I'd love to have the old items return again, but it shouldn't be to the detriment of brand new content.

      In all honesty if I had to predict what's coming, then I'd say that we'll only get a couple of Halloween themes, with some random stuff appearing during October as well. I can only imagine the outrage that will follow! :)

      Delete
    2. Well, I like the honest opinion. And there won't be outrage from me - I enjoy the way the updates go; one week you're excited, the next you're disappointed, keeps you guessing and makes you appreciate the really good items.

      I'll continue to be jealous of those with great Halloween restaurants, and I'll just hope to at least get one of my small areas decked out in a spooky, but classy, way - hopefully as you said with some decent and NEW content; as much as I love the old stuff, I would be more happy to see well thought out and new items.

      Thanks for your thoughts, only a few days now until we see if it'll become Autumn in 'restaurants' around the world..

      Delete