Saturday 15 February 2014

The Garlic Tree on Valentine's Day

Yesterday was Valentine's Day. So with romance resonating around the customers of my restaurant, The Garlic Tree, I've done some redecorating to mark the occasion.

As ever, I've given my foyer section a spruce up for Valentine's:

Valentine's Day themed section of The Garlic Tree

The Ruby Red Mosaic floor tiles are what really gets this theme looking good. There's a shortage of red and pink flooring available for coins, so this one really pleased me, especially since it came with the Valentine's Day goals, and thus is quite cheap.

I'm actually saving coins at present for my penultimate expansion, so have been quite economical overall with my decorating. Most of the content you can see above is from Valentine's Day updates in 2013. The content from last year was never removed, and with one of those updates involving the re-release of the 2012 items, there's a wealth of Valentine's content available in the market.

The Fondue Couple is the main attraction in this area. It was a goal prize in the 2013 goals, as was the Eternal Roses which is being used to cover the corner formed by the placement of a load of Valentine Dividers. The Giant Rose Basket suits sitting in front of the Fondue Couple, and I've placed some Heart Swirls behind too.

 Valentine's Day 2014
 12/02/14 Box update
 08/02/14 Recipe report
 05/02/14 Goals
 05/02/14 Goals update
 29/01/14 Chocolate update
 22/01/14 Cupid update

The Ruby Red Wallpaper is so classy. I originally had the Hearts wallpaper lining the walls, but this swanky wallpaper's use of deep red and black sets an elegant atmosphere in the foyer. The Valentine Menu fits perfectly on this wall, and was worth the 6 gem price tag. Likewise the Red Curtains keep their place after Chinese New Year as they blend in nicely, and even the Plus Window doesn't look too out of place because it's whiteness matches the Fondue's Couple's tablecloth and the frame of the entrance door.

To fill out the remainder of the section I've invited the Mexican Dancer back to give us a swing. She's not strictly a Valentine's product, but she is wearing all the right colours and can provide the evening's entertainment. The Wooden Xs and Wooden Os were a hit when released last year, and I was desperate to include them in my foyer this February too.

Moving to the kitchen, the Valentine Robot has been hired:

Kitchen section of The Garlic Tree

The robot is another 2012 re-release in 2013 which has never been removed. Working in conjunction with Action Chef Lee, the robot will be helping deal with high demand over this weekend as many loving couples book a table at The Garlic Tree.

The last view to show you is of my main section:

Valentine's Day themed main section of The Garlic Tree

I remember spending a lot of time in February 2013 pondering whether or not to spend 30 gems on the Kissing Swans. The white marble doesn't really fit in with the darker tones of the rest of my posh area, but I actually feel it's good value - 30 gems for a 4x4 piece which is detailed and substantial isn't too bad at all. Also, paying such a premium for a seasonal item is always difficult to accept as you can't really display it all year round. But I'm glad I bought it, as the swans are out in force again this year, and following my next expansion and probable re-design, will be spending much more time out of storage...

I recall not being too enthused by the Flower Table upon it's release 12 months ago, but have changed my tune now. It matches the general feel of the section, and with the Red Chair offering a rosy red colour, the two complement each other well. These two pieces were the only ones burning a hole in my pocket, with the sheer number of them meaning I racked up a bill of almost 250,000 coins for them!

The last decoration wheeled out for Valentine's Day is the Rose Seller. Costing 14 gems, this was yet another item from previous years, but I only bought it the other day. The girl is actually clutching a minuture version of the Giant Rose Basket, and plans to sell some roses to unsuspecting couples.

So the scene is set, and hopefully this weekend is very enjoyable for all those couples who eat out at The Garlic Tree. Next week I'll be returning to my normal layout and waiting like everyone else to see what is coming next. Will Spring content be heading our way? Or have TeamLava got another card to play? We'll soon find out, but in the mean time, happy Valentine's!

No comments:

Post a Comment