Saturday 7 September 2013

Gifting advice (part 1)

Gifting your neighbours is a significant part of Restaurant Story. The only piece of advice that I believe all players should take on board is that they should whenever possible try to gift a neighbour the same item that they've received a request for from said neighbour if they've made one. Otherwise, what is the best thing to do regarding gifts?

There are two main categories of gift items - food and parts. In this first installment, I focus on food gifts.

The six food gifts in Restaurant Story

Now some players (such as myself) aren't keen on food gifts. I politely decline them as I have enough food on my counters, am not strapped for cash and prefer to receive parts. I opt not to post on my wall what my preferences are, since I tend to mass gift my own neighbours at the end of the evening with a part if they haven't made a request during the day. So to demand any particular gift would be hypocritical!

As pictured above, there are six different foods you can gift to your friends. Details of all of them are listed below:

Food Portions Coins per
plate
Profit
(coins)
Bacon and Eggs 100 6 600
French Toast 200 1 200
Roast Chicken 50 8 400
Stew 150 5 750
Valentine Cupcake 50 2 100
Waffles 100 2 200

This data yields some very useful information.

First up, if you want food gifts to boost your financial state, then you should go for Stew since it has the highest profit.

However, this is dependent on whether or not you have lots of food on the go. If you don't then fine, but if you do, then Roast Chicken is worth considering because of its higher coins per plate. With lots of dishes being consumed, you would sell less Stew and thus not be able to make the most of its higher profit level while the Roast Chicken would maximise revenue per customer.

If your goal from food gifts is to keep cash coming in consistently, then French Toast is perhaps the ideal choice.

A customer eating French Toast in The Garlic Tree

It offers more portions than the others so will take longer to disappear from your counters. Therefore your coin count will rise for a longer period rather than quickly coming to a standstill once the food gift(s) run out.

Overall Stew is the most popular food gift, as it combines all of the above criteria. As discussed it does give the highest profit, and its 150 portions per gift ensures that it will stay on the counter for longer than all except French Toast. Plus, at 5 coins per plate, you get lots of bang for your buck (only Roast Chicken and Bacon and Eggs provide more) even if you've got a lot of other dishes on counters.

Next week I'll post about part gifts.

2 comments:

  1. I accept roughly 50% food items everyday (out of 20 gifts) but generally only Stew and Roast chicken. I keep accumulating the gifts continuously for many days to save for a rainy day i.e. mostly when I am busy and can't make enough dishes. This helps me never to run out of food, even on slack days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a pretty sound strategy. I used to accept any gift (including food) but found that for me that food just built up to ridiculous amounts in my inventory with nowhere to place it, so decided it was a waste of time and concentrated on parts :)

      Delete