Wednesday 11 June 2014

Game update: 11/06/14

I thought we'd seen the last of it, but no! The Western theme just can't stay away and is back again!

Notification for latest Western update

We had Western themes three times in 2013: the first was in February and included the Cowboy Stove, the second was a goals week in September, and the third was just a couple of days before Black Friday. It seems that TeamLava originally planned a lengthy period of Old West updates but then changed their mind for whatever reason. As a result, the already rendered content has been released in dribs and drabs.

This conjecture is strengthened by the fact that there's not been a box in any of the previous Western updates. So this is the missing piece! The Cowboy Crate is a lucky dip with nine floor decorations up for grabs, exclusively available via the box. Here's a distribution list for the prizes:

First Prize (1% chance)
  • 'Cowboy Poker'
Second Prize (10% chance)
  • Horse Riding
  • 'Cowboy Campfire'
Third Prize (35% chance)
  • Hitching Post
  • Western Wagon
Fourth Prize (54% chance)
  • Saddle Up
  • Cowboy Hat Rack
  • Cowboy Greeter
  • Cowboy Gear

Thanks goes to Black Pepper, Jan and Fat Bear for taking the time to provide some of the details. The TeamLava Blog gives a glimpse of most of the items:

Items from Cowboy Crate as shown on TeamLava Blog

Everything except the first prize is pictured here. I'm still looking for the official name of the 'Cowboy Campfire' so if you get hold of it please feel free to drop a comment! The first prize is technically still unknown, but the update notification likely lets slip its name - the 'Cowboy Poker'. I wonder if it is similar to the Saloon Card Table from the Old West goals last September?

As ever a box update does leave us longing for more, and with no new recipes to rate, it's a barren week. This is really compounded by the quality of last week's offering. I discussed my redecorating following the goals in the goal content report yesterday, but have added to my design since. Rather appropriately, I had a fling in a box, although it wasn't the Cowboy Crate! I took a gamble with the Island Chest, from which I'd already earned the Parrot Tree in the past...

Award of Toucan Tree from Island Chest

This time a third prize was gleaned, with the Toucan Tree winging its way into my restaurant. My immediate reaction was of horror because I thought I'd picked up my first duplicate - the Toucan Tree and Parrot Tree are quite similar - but am actually relatively satisfied with the result. The toucan sits well among the Pine Dividers:

Toucan Tree in Beach section of The Garlic Tree

At the end of the day I'd have hoped for a larger item considering this was a third prize, but I knew the possibilities before parting with 24 gems, so can't complain. Meanwhile, the Parrot Tree had to make way, and is now standing next to the Action Dining, where the greener vegetation matches it better.

 Previous Western updates
 27/11/13 Third update
 11/09/13 Goals update
 27/02/13 First update

Will I gamble again? My head says no, but my heart says perhaps! And I'm not just talking about the Island Chest! I might end up having a shot at the Cowboy Crate eventually, as I've been considering a reshuffle of themes in my special sections which could see a previous Western theme re-introduced. This update might increase the Western theme's chances of getting back in!

2 comments:

  1. I can confirm that the Cowboy Hat Rack is a 4th prize item and the Western Wagon is a 3rd prize. (...bought 2 Cowboy's Crate just minutes ago)
    Btw: Really love your blog! Damn good job! Maybe you want to visit my entertainment saloon 'Winters Night' (id: wintersnightcup) & probably you want to add me? :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much for that information Jan! :)

      Delete